Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What I Read in 2011

Over the last year or two, I got more into reading that I had been in previous years.  And just now after a Google search,  I  came across postings on other blogs of what the blogger read last year, so I decided to do one of my own.  I 'd like to share what I read and perhaps give someone some ideas if they ned something to read this year.

Note: these aren't in chronological order of when I read them, and I'm remembering what I read as best as I can. I still read physical books and am debating if I want to get an e-reader.  I still check books out of the library, so I can save some money.  And I look for books at thrift stores, meaning I can buy them for between 50 cents and $2.  Also note, I won't be doing a review for each (sorry, too lazy for that!), but I don't want to write a super-long blog post.  However, I will provide links to info on each book for possible readers to decide.

Lady Luck's Map of Vegas by Barbara Samuel
Homer's Odyssey  by Gwen Cooper
Cleo: A Cat Who Mended a Family by Helen Brown
Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I don't Know How She Does It by Allison Pearson
Thin, Rich, Pretty By Beth Harbison
Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews

The following books by Emily Giffin:  Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof,  and The Heart of the Matter.  I'm hoping to read Love the One You're With.  She's becoming a must-read author of mine.

The following books by Sophie Kinsella:  Remember Me?, The Undomestic Goddess, and the remainder of the "Shopaholic" books (I'd read the first one of these in 2010 before getting the movie from Netflix).  She's another author I want to read more of, including the books she wrote under her real name Madeline Wickham (I've never read any of those).

I also began reading The Vampire Diaries series, all the way up to the first book in the Hunters trilogy, as well as the first four books in the Stefan's Diaries series.  And I also read another L.J. Smith series, Night World. 


I tend to like series, even though they can be hard to keep up with.  I read the first book in Lauren Conrad's L.A. Candy series (got this one at he library), but haven't gotten the rest yet.  I also got a used copy of Beth Harbison's Shoe Addicts Anonymous at Goodwill. I haven't read it yet, and will want to read its followup, Secrets of a Shoe Addict.

This is what I recall from last year.  I got the Hunger Games books for  Christmas and will soon be reading those.  Today I went to the library to get the first three books (in one volume)  in Janet Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" series.  I'm now halfway through the first book.

No comments: