Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kool-Aid Ice Cubes




Over the last few months I've been addicted to pinning on Pinterest.  I've gathered a lot of recipes for dinners, desserts and drinks, but have yet to try any of them until now.  The dessert ideas I've pinned far outnumber both those of dinner and drinks.   Unfortunately I don't have a Crock Pot, making me unable to try some dinner recipes I discovered that are made from a slow cooker.   And I've gotten some any dessert ideas that I never have time to even think of trying them.  Some require a blender, which I also don't have.  How do I live without a slow cooker or  blender, I don't know.  A slow cooker would  be good since I have to be up early for work in the morning and often get too tired to cook the night before.

But enough of all that.  The one drink idea I did just try was using Kool-Aid to make colored ice cubes. I'd bought several packets of Kool-Aid mixes with a coupon about a month ago and did not get around to making any until a week ago.  I made three different flavors including lemonade (which yes, looks clear like a regular ice cube). See the before and after photos below.

This is a really great idea.  It not only changes the color but the flavor a little.  Try it. It's great for summer.

The ice cubes in the glass before
adding the soda.




After adding lemon-lime soda.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks amazing