Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pink Scarf for 25 Cents

All I needed to complete my 50s costume was a pink scarf.  I'd already found the poodle skirt at Goodwill last month, and got a pink jacket at Halloween City a week ago yesterday, with a 20% off coupon from their website.  The store had some 50s scarves, but I wanted to see if I could find a cheap one if possible from a second-hand store.

I wanted to get  pink striped shirt to wear with the skirt and jacket, and lo and behold, a pink striped shirt surfaced at Goodwill on Wednesday.  It was 20% off yellow tags that day, and this was a yellow tag, so that was perfect.  Well, today, I walked into another thrift store in my hometown, and everything was half-off today.  I asked one of the ladies who volunteers at the store if they had any scarves and she showed me where they were.  A pink one was there!  I grabbed it immediately and went to look around the store some more before paying.  Well, that was great! I'm done now!

No comments: