Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This Week's League Assignment: This is Halloween!


This week's assignment for the League of Extraordinary Bloggers:

This is Halloween! This is Halloween! What are your Halloween traditions?

Well, let me begin by saying how I always went trick-or-treating as a kid.  I gave up on this once I hit high school.  In college I found myself less into the holiday, getting excluded form most of the parties, save one n 1992, one of the few years since I've been alive that Halloween occurred on a Saturday.  I've similarly been excluded from parties (Sorry to have to say all this!) by various co-workers at different jobs over the years, save the one I was at in 2005.  Again, sorry to be saying all this.  And it's even more complicated that what I've already told you.  So let me tell you what I have been doing since 2008, when I wandered downtown to a local bar  in Hollister, California that has been around since the 1940s.

Upon entering the bar, I discovered they were having a Halloween-based karaoke contest.  I had never been great all that great at singing and didn't bother, at least not then.  Contestants were to sing a song that seems to correlate with their costume.  As some of you league posters may remember from our first assignment this month, I was the Seven Deadly Sins that year.  It when then that I met this one lady who really likes karaoke and we've been talking since then.  I then decided to go to the Halloween karaoke the following year and have been ever since.  This year event will be this coming Friday.

And it seems I can't go without eating candy corn each Halloween.  This year alone, I bought three bags already, most recently this past Sunday at Rite Aid.
_________________________________________________________________________

Other League participants this week so far:
Hobgoblin238
Dead Man Dan's Creepy Crypt of Terror
Rediscover the 80s
Branded in the 80s
Geek Till It Hurts
That Figures

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My neighbour has a massive light up candy corn on his front yard.

Dan