Thursday, October 24, 2013

Taking a break from the countdown

I'm interrupting my countdown for other posts.  It seems every year in October all my posts are for the Halloween countdown, which I have enjoyed doing since first doing so in 2009.  And I intend to end it this year as the day comes.  But right now, I'm feeling just a little out of it.  Being without a job for almost two months had put me in not-so-great moods the last few days.  Sorry to have to say this. The lady who works at the local bar was supposed to have a party this Sunday (she mentioned it in late August), but wasn't able to after all. I was so looking forward to this, but at least I still have the bar to go to for karaoke on Halloween night.  I always look forward to that!

Today was the first day this month I did not feel like wearing shorts all day as it was quite cold and foggy until about four in the afternoon.  This is California after all.  Who knows how much longer this warm weather will be going on.  Not putting away shorts and sandals until after October is far from unheard of in my neck of the woods.

I was without my car yesterday because I needed to get the starter fixed.  I got it back today.  

So I'm sorry to say I'm just  a little out of the countdown mode today.  But I will get back.

But something good did happen today--getting a lotto ticket and winning $5.  Would not have expected that.

I will get better and back in the countdown mode.

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

We all have moments that make us a bit blue or melancholic. Helps us to appreciate the highs even more, right? :)