Friday, January 10, 2014

Nonfiction Reading Challenge 2014

Yes, another one still.  I already have some non-fiction books lined up, so I felt I should try this one, too.  I will go with the first level to start with.  Below are the details copied from The Introverted Reader:

Nonfiction Challenge hosted at The Introverted Reader


Please link your reviews on the review link-up page.

The Challenge:  Read any non-fiction book(s), adult or young adult.That's it. You can choose anything. Memoirs? Yes. History? Yes. Travel? Yes. You get the idea? Absolutely anything that is classified as non-fiction counts for this challenge.

I always like levels in my challenges, so here are mine:

Dilettante--Read 1-5 non-fiction books

Explorer--Read 6-10

Seeker--Read 11-15

Master--Read 16-20

This challenge will last from January 1 to December 31, 2014. You can sign up anytime throughout the year.

I am not limiting the challenge to bloggers. You can also link to a review you wrote on another site, such as GoodReads or LibraryThing.

Crossovers with other challenges are acceptable, and feel free to read your books in any format you like.

I'm signing up at the Seeker level.

Different this year: I'll have a separate post with a linky for reviews. I'll keep a permanent link to both posts in my sidebar. That will be easier to keep track of which links are reviews and which are sign up posts.

Use Mr. Linky to sign up below. I hope you'll join me!

Here is what I'm reading for this challenge:

  1. He's Just Not That Into You--Greg Beherendt and Liz Tuccillo
  2. A Stolen Life--Jaycee Dugard
  3. Miracles and Grace in an Unlikely Place--Charisse Tyson
  4. Heaven is For Real--Todd Burpo
  5. Orange is the New Black--Piper Kerman
  6. Made From Scratch: A Memoir--Sandra Lee
  7. Wild--Cheryl Strayed
  8. Cooked--Jeff Henderson
  9. Bitter is the New Black--Jen Lancaster
  10. Julie and Julia--Julie Powell

2 comments:

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

Thanks for signing up! I hope you enjoy the books you choose!

Joy said...

Good luck! I'm looking forward to this challenge. I just posted my first nonfiction review of 2014.

Joy's Book Blog