Monday, October 17, 2016

Memoir Bingo Reading Challenge 2017

Since I have been reading many memoirs and am in the process of writing one of my own, I decided to create a memoir reading challenge. I opted for a bingo-grid format, pictured below:
















myfreebingocards.com - bingo card generator




You may complete as many squares as you choose. However, you may only count one book for one square. For the Free Space, you may read a different book for one of the categories listed (that you have already completed). Or if you find one on a topic not listed, you may count that one towards the Free Space.



Guidelines for the Challenge









  • Challenge will run from January 1 to December 31, 2017.  Books must be started on or after January 1 to count.  Re-reads will be allowed as long as they are read during the specified time period.
  • Books may cross over to other challenges in which you are participating.
  • All book formats are allowed (paper, audio, electronic, graphic novels/manga). 
  • Please link back to this blog, post about it on Facebook, Tweet about it, and so on to help spread the word.
  • You do not need a blog to sign up.  You may keep tract of your progress on Goodreads, Amazon or other similar sites with a shelf dedicated to this challenge.  Or sign up on Youtube, Facebook, or Twitter.  
  • You do not need to post reviews, nor will there be any check-ins.


Need some reading ideas? Here are some links to help you get started:
Goodreads Memoir Book Lists
10 Famous Memoirs Everyone Should Read Once
17 Memoirs By Women
Best Celebrity Memoirs of All Time
Fictional Memoirs

You are by no means limited to what is suggested in the links. Any books you find that fit the challenge description may be read.

NOTE: I have been having issues with Linky, so I will now have those wishing to participate sign up below in the comments. If you've already signed up via the Linky, please leave your sign-up link in the comments. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Above all, have fun. I look forward to seeing what you read. 


9 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm not a memoir reader, Jamie. But I think I'll force myself to branch out a bit! I am going to aim for 3 squares.

Darlene said...

I'm not a memoir reader, Jamie. But I think I'll force myself to branch out a bit! I am going to aim for 3 squares.

Jamie Ghione said...

Three is fine. Glad to see you join.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo excited about this one. I almost created my own challenge I want to read memoir so bad this coming year. I love the bingo idea. http://www.wholelattebooks.com/p/2017-memoir-bingo-reading-challenge.html

Kimberly said...

This sounds like fun - I'm in!

My Challenge Page

Jasmine Jobe said...

https://6inklings.wordpress.com/2016/12/16/reading-challenges-w-jobe/

Howdy y'all, never joined any challenges online before! Totally excited ~ Jobe

Beverley Baird said...

I've started a memoir as well - and am reading them as well.eat challenge - will join in.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to joining in on the challenge! https://gloriouspanic.wordpress.com/2016/12/30/reading-challenges-2017/

Julie Cornewell said...

I have moved my blog to http://www.juliecornewell.com/p/2017-memoir-reading-bingo.html