Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Another Year About to End...

Where has the year gone? Only three more days till we say goodbye to 2016.


It has been quite a year for me.  Beginning a new job and starting to writing a memoir have been my two biggest achievements for me this year.  I've also gotten a new computer after using an outdated one for over 10 years!  So glad to have been able to do that. On a sad note, I thought my story was lost and gone forever, thanks to the new computer, and the fact that AppleWorks had been replaced by Pages for Macintosh users. But  I had saved it as PDF on the old computer to send by e-mail, so I downloaded the story and copied it from the PDF into Pages. I needed to do a lot editing and reformatting, but at least I got the bones of what I had originally written and have been adding and revising. It will be year next February since I began the process. I'll see how much longer it will take me.

My writing class at work hasn't been well attended, but we'll see how that goes next year. In the meantime, another of our peer mentors has moved away, so others have been filling in for  the cooking and art classes which she taught. Twice I've filled in for cooking in November and am looking for another recipe to try. So far I have made sliders (mini-hamburgers, with dinner rolls as buns) and a recipe I found on a soup can for Savory Lemon Chicken. I loved this. Click here to see the recipe.

Savory Lemon Chicken


Also,  I've been searching for ideas for an art project I have proposed for our class to begin after the new year. Something that uses three-dimensional objects, either an assemblage or a diorama. Most of the people don't have a clue what this idea is about, so I'm looking for info to give them. My boss thinks it's great idea. From the images I have found so far, animal habitats seems to be popular diorama themes. Here are two I have found:
African Savanna Habitat Diorama craftCoral Reef Habitat Diorama craft



So far this is what lies ahead for next year. 

How about you? How has this year been for you?


No comments: