Thursday, March 30, 2017

My Attempt at Assemblage Art

I started this assemblage three days ago with cheap game pieces found at Dollar Tree and Goodwill and a shoebox lid.  I'm so sorry that I didn't think to do step-by-step photos🙂  But here is what came out of this attempt:







I have been wanting to do this for the art class at the mental health center where I am a mentor. I looked and printed examples to show my fellow clients,  but they also wanted to see en example made.  So I agreed to do one, and got my idea for the game-piece and blocks theme from the image  below:
As you may be able to see, an assemblage is like a collage, but with mostly three-dimensional objects.

I now like this idea and want to try using objects to make a little scene in box or on a sheet of cardboard, known as a diorama.  One of the girls at the center has been wanting to do one of penguins, so I printed this one to show her:









Animal habitat dioramas seem to be popular. I found many examples of these online.

This website has several such ideas.


1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Intricate and clever. And I can see how empowering and healing it could be. I do some peer support work as well, and may have to explore this further. Megathanks.